For immediate release: July 26, 2012
BWC Board of Directors structure committees, welcome new members
COLUMBUS - The Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) Board of Directors today reorganized the board's five committees
and swore in two new members, Frank A. Guglielmi of Findlay (Hancock County) and Tracie J. Sanchez of Lima (Allen County).
The board consists of eleven members with professional expertise in financial accounting, investments and securities,
and actuarial management, as well as members of the business community and representatives of labor and injured workers.
The actuarial, audit, investment, governance and medical services and safety committees oversee the board's operations.
"This board does exhaustive work thoroughly reviewing numerous issues and thoughtfully setting policies that impact the
entire workers' compensation system," said BWC/CEO Administrator Steve Buehrer. "We are pleased to welcome our new members
and begin drawing from their professional expertise to best serve Ohio's employers and injured workers."
Committee assignments are as follows:
- David Caldwell - member of the Actuarial and Investment committees;
- Chan Cochran - chair of Governance Committee and member of the Investment and Audit committees;
- Peggy Griffith - vice chair of the Medical Services & Safety Committee and member of the Actuarial and Governance
- Frank Guglielmi - vice chair of the Investment Committee and member of the Audit Committee;
- Kenneth Haffey - chair of the Audit Committee;
- David Johnson - chair of the Medical Services & Safety Committee, vice chair of the Audit Committee and member of
the Actuarial Committee;
- Stephen Lehecka - chair of the Actuarial Committee and member of the Investment Committee;
- Mark Palmer - chair of Investment Committee and member of the Governance and Medical Services & Safety committees;
- Tracie Sanchez - vice chair of the Actuarial Committee and member of the Medical Services & Safety Committee;
- Dewey Stokes - vice chair of the Governance Committee and member of the Medical Services & Safety Committee;
- Board Chairman Nick Zuk - member of the Audit and Governance committees.
Guglielmi and Sanchez were appointed by Governor John Kasich July 13 and were sworn in today. Each will serve three year
terms ending June 11, 2015.
Guglielmi is an investment and securities professional and retired executive officer and director of The Ohio Bank.
He has been chairman of the Development Finance Advisory Council, which approves loans for companies considering expanding
in or relocating to Ohio, since 2000. Sanchez is president of Lima Pallet, Inc. and previously served on the BWC Council
Advisory Oversight Committee. She represents small employers.
Current members David L. Caldwell of Columbus (Franklin County) and Kenneth M. Haffey of Chester Township (Geauga County)
were also reappointed to three year terms.
The next meeting of the BWC Board of Directors is scheduled for Friday, August 24, 2012.
Follow BWC on Twitter.
# # #